Type of Work
Assistant Property Manager for Apartment Community
Working with Signature Management Corp.
There are jobs – and then there are careers. Looking for a new challenge? Want to gain maintenance experience in the fast-paced multifamily industry? We’re always looking for talented, passionate, hardworking people to grow our team and better serve our residents!
With over 60 years in the industry and deep roots in Hampton Roads, not only do we know this area better than anyone else, but we also care deeply for those who call it home. Our history and passion drive our mission to go above and beyond in providing our residents with the best living experience, and our Signature Team with the best career experience, possible.
Sound like a company you’d enjoy working and growing with? Keep reading to see if this position is a good fit for you!
About the Job
Are you looking to apply your passion for helping others and knack for organization to further your career? In the world of property management, each day is different as this role includes leasing, accounting, resident events, administrative tasks, and lots of “wow” customer service!
The Assistant Property Manager is responsible for effectively computing, classifying and recording numerical data to keep financial records complete while assisting with the leasing, marketing and resident relations for the community. The Assistant Property Manager will perform any combination of routine calculating, posting and verifying duties to make payments to vendors, process resident rental payments and obtain primary financial data for use in maintaining property accounting records. This role is also crucial in managing lease transactions by typing leases, gathering applicant’s history and credit approvals and maintaining accurate monthly commission sheets on leases, renewals and delinquencies for bonus purposes.
This role works alongside and reports directly to the Property Manager at their apartment community, who has the primary authority to determine the exact “day-to-day” duties.
While the following information should be considered a comprehensive description of this position, it should also be noted that some responsibilities and duties may not be specifically addressed. Every person is expected to perform any reasonable task or request that is consistent with fulfilling company objectives.
- High school diploma required
- College degree preferred
- Certified Apartment Manager (CAM), Registered in Apartment Management (RAM) or Accredited Resident Manager (ARM) preferred
- Knowledge of OSHA laws and regulations
- Must be willing to achieve Fair Housing certification
- Friendly, caring and empathetic of resident concerns
- Demonstrates professionalism at all times and proudly takes ownership of their work
- Self-Motivated and can work independently
- Organized in following up with prospective residents
- Demonstrates ability to apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect pertinent data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and initiate appropriate course of action
- Competence in personal computer skills, keyboard, Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and Outlook as well as community software applications
- Must be legally able to work in the United States
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation
- Minimum of 2 years on-site as a Leasing Consultant and/or Assistant Manager
- Must be willing to work full-time (40 hours/week)
- Must be willing to work some evenings and weekends
- Hours of work are dependent upon community’s hours
- Professional attire
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance (Free Employee HSA Plan)
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off Policy (Generous PTO from Day 1)
- IRA with 3% Company Match (100% Vested Year 1)
- Training and Continuing Education Opportunities
- Exclusive Apartment Discounts
- Internal Promotion Opportunities
- Volunteer Opportunities and Community Outreach
- Fully Paid Training Opportunities
*Signature Management Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.