Type of Work
Apartment Community Maintenance
Working with Signature Management Corp.
There are jobs – and then there are careers. Looking for a new challenge? Want to gain maintenance experience in the fast-paced multifamily industry? We’re always looking for talented, passionate, hardworking people to grow our team and better serve our residents!
With over 60 years in the industry and deep roots in Hampton Roads, not only do we know this area better than anyone else, but we also care deeply for those who call it home. Our history and passion drive our mission to go above and beyond in providing our residents with the best living experience, and our Signature Team with the best career experience, possible.
Sound like a company you’d enjoy working and growing with? Keep reading to see if this position is a good fit for you!
About the Job
Are you a motivated, problem-solver with a passion for hands-on work and leadership?
The Service Manager is responsible for organizing, coordinating and managing the overall maintenance department at their designated apartment community. This includes skilled HVAC work, timely work order service, quality make-ready program, and cost-effective inventory control. This role coordinates maintenance objectives with the Property Manager and is responsible for ensuring the property looks its best both inside and out at all times.
While the following information should be considered a comprehensive description of this position, it should also be noted that some responsibilities and duties may not be specifically addressed. Every person is expected to perform any reasonable task or request that is consistent with fulfilling company objectives.
- High school diploma required
- HVAC training and certification required
- Associate’s degree from a technical college desirable
- Trade certifications desirable
- CAMT desirable
- Leadership passion/ 5+ year’s experience
- Strong organizational skills
- Apartment maintenance and preventative maintenance processes
- Knowledge of appliance, plumbing, and electrical repairs
- Communication with onsite team and residents
- Organization in following up with work orders in a timely manner
- Demonstrate professionalism in navigating maintenance emergencies
- Caring and empathetic of resident concerns
- Must be legally able to work in the United States
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation
- Must be willing to work Monday – Friday
- Hours of work are dependent upon community’s hours
- Must be willing to work on-call rotation as scheduled
- Overtime will fluctuate as needed for emergencies
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. necessary for installation and removal of appliances
- Ability to operate all necessary hand tools to make repairs
- Ability to kneel, crouch, climb, crawl, etc. to reach items in need of repair
- Ability to drive to and from job sites.
- Tolerance to hot and cold weather, as may be necessary
- Uniforms will be provided by the company and are to be worn at all times
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Company paid life insurance
- Paid time off policy (PTO accrual beginning day 1)
- IRA with 3% company match (100% vested year 1)
- Training and continuing education opportunities
- Exclusive apartment discounts
- Paid volunteer and community outreach opportunities
- Paid training opportunities
Signature Management Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.