Type of Work
Working with Signature Management Corp.
There are jobs – and then there are careers. Looking for a new challenge? Want to gain maintenance experience in the fast-paced multifamily industry? We’re always looking for talented, passionate, hardworking people to grow our team and better serve our residents!
With over 60 years in the industry and deep roots in Hampton Roads, not only do we know this area better than anyone else, but we also care deeply for those who call it home. Our history and passion drive our mission to go above and beyond in providing our residents with the best living experience, and our Signature Team with the best career experience, possible.
Sound like a company you’d enjoy working and growing with? Keep reading to see if this position is a good fit for you!
About the Job
Are you a driven housekeeping professional who takes pride in their work?
The Housekeeper is a crucial part of the service team and is responsible for keeping the exterior and common areas of the property clean on a daily basis. The Housekeeper also assists with ensuring residents have a sparkling space on move-in day. The Housekeeper plays a vital role in prospects’ first impressions along with resident satisfaction and retention as his/her work is seen daily in the common areas, hallways, and amenity areas throughout the community. The Housekeeper reports directly to the Maintenance Supervisor and works alongside the Service and Office Team on a daily basis.
While the following information should be considered a comprehensive description of this position, it should also be noted that some responsibilities and duties may not be specifically addressed. Every person is expected to perform any reasonable task or request that is consistent with fulfilling company objectives.
- High school diploma required
- Associate’s degree from technical college desirable
- Self-motivated with the ability to complete tasks with little or no supervision
- Takes pride in ensure the property appearance meets community standards
- Able to perform custodial duties such as sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, dusting and removing trash
- Organization in accomplishing tasks in a timely manner
- Demonstrates professionalism in communication with onsite team, residents and prospects
- Caring and empathetic of resident concerns
- Must be legally able to work in the United States
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation
- Must be willing to work Monday – Friday
- Hours of work are dependent upon community’s hours
- Must be willing to work on-call rotation as scheduled
- Overtime will fluctuate as needed for emergencies
- Ability to pick up and/or move 30 lbs. regularly and heavy items up to 50 lbs. as needed
- Ability to climb up and down stairs and ladders
- Ability to be on his/her feet for extended periods of time
- Ability to drive to and from job sites
- Tolerance to all extremes of hot and cold weather, as may be necessary.
- Uniforms will be provided by the company and are to be worn at all times
- Medical, dental and vision insurance (free employee HSA plan)
- Company paid life insurance
- Paid time off policy (PTO accrual beginning day 1)
- IRA with 3% company match (100% vested year 1)
- Training and continuing education opportunities
- Exclusive apartment discounts
- Paid volunteer and community outreach opportunities
- Paid training opportunities
*Signature Management Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.